Monday, December 27, 2010

Using shared DTO-s between ASP.NET MVC and Windows Phone 7 applications

I am building Windows Phone 7 application that asks information from ASP.NET MVC site. I had problem with getting DTO-s library in place to get both sides of communication use the same types of objects. Here is my solution.

Using shared DTO-s between ASP.NET MVC and Windows Phone 7To keep both sides using same types of DTO-s you need project of type that is recognized by ASP.NET MVC and Windows Phone 7 projects. Take a look at image on right to get better idea about what I am talking.

The solution is to create Silverlight 3 class library, define DTO-s there. ASP.NET MVC and Windows Phone 7 projects both have reference to this Silverlight 3 library.

There is one little thing that is annoying me – ASP.NET MVC project shows yellow icon with exclamation mark on the reference to DTO library but still no warnings and everything works like charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment